Year 9 Virtual Pathways / Options Evening
Join us at our Virtual Pathways and Options Event on Thursday, 11th March 5.30 - 7.30pm. This is a fantastic opportunity to speak to subject staff, ask questions about the GCSE options that you have and find out any other information that you need.
There will be an opportunity to;
- Watch an introductory video about pathways and options led by Mr Hewitt Vice Principal
- Look through the options booklet for 2021-23 (attached at the bottom of the page).
- Look at department PowerPoints (attached as videos) explaining their courses
- Join department forums and ask questions about courses
- Look through a PDF document showing how to complete an online options form (attached at the bottom of the page).
Information for our pathways and options evening:
At 5:30 all our GCSE option subjects have a virtual teams meeting that will go live. Use the table and links below to access a presentation on the subject, and the meeting with subject staff. Parents and students will find the evening most useful if they watch the presentation first and bring any questions to the meetings.
Prior to joining any department meetings please watch Mr Hewitt's Options Evening Assembly. The link to that assembly is here. This assembly lasts 30 minutes, please leave enough time to visit the departments after watching.
Virtually meet with Mr Hewitt and other members of the SLT.
To provide the opportunity to meet with Mr Hewitt and ask any questions you may have of the options process a meeting has been set up. Members of the SLT will also be present to help answer any queries you may have for them. A meeting is also running to speak with Mr Lane (Year 9 Student Manager).
Mr Hewitt along with other members of the SLT :Click here to join the discussion
Mr Lane: Click here to join the meeting
Our presentations and Teams Meetings
Please find below in this table the subject specific presentations and the links to the Teams meetings. Team meetings will be staffed from 5:30pm until 7:30 pm.