Welcome to the Shelley College sixth form
We are delighted that you are interested in what our sixth form has to offer and hope you can find the information you need on these pages.
Shelley sixth form is increasingly becoming the first choice destination for students from a number of Yorkshire high schools, as well as our own. One of the reasons students come to us is that we offer a level of personal attention both in quality, teaching and pastoral support that’s difficult to match. Our small class sizes allow teachers to get to know each student well and offer individual guidance to success.
At Shelley College sixth form we are committed to doing the very best by every student who walks through the door, supporting them to achieve their personal best and valuing them as an individual. We aim to get to know our students in a way which allows us to cater for their future aims and ambitions, and give them the advice and guidance needed to ensure they make an informed decision which is right for them.
Life at Shelley College sixth form aims to provide three distinct core principles:
- To deliver a broad, balanced and diverse curriculum
- To ensure strong levels of progress for students
- To offer appropriate courses that cater to the needs of all students.
Our students can choose from a wide range of curriculum options and enjoy a warm, friendly and happy atmosphere throughout their studies at this important stage of their education. We’re proud of our determination to help everybody achieve their personal goals, which shows in our most recent results.
Key results and accountability statistics:
- Overall value added score has been positive for the past five years of Year 13 leavers which means students exceed their target grades when they leave us
- Our progress measure (students staying in education, employment or training two terms after leaving us) is 96%, the highest in Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley and above the national average which is 81%
- Small classes all taught by subject specialists
- High quality Teaching, Pastoral Care and Careers guidance.
Don't just take our word for it, see what our students have to say:
Please take a look at our prospectus, visit our Instagram page on @shelleycollege and get in touch if you would like more information at email@example.com