Year 9 Options & Pathways
At this time of year, we would normally hold a 'Pathways & Options' evening where students and parents come into school and look around departments and speak to staff about option choices for key stage 4 ( in Year 10/11). This year we are holding a 'Virtual' pathways and options evening online on Thursday 11th March at 5.30pm. There will be an opportunity to;
- watch an introductory video about pathways and options led by myself
- look through the options booklet for 2021-23,
- look at department PowerPoints explaining their courses
- Join department forums and ask questions about courses
- look through a PowerPoint presentation showing how to complete an online options form
In the meantime, Mr Lane (Year9 student manager) and Mr Stead (SENDCo) will start speaking to some students and parents who may need additional support in the process and there is a page on the school website under the Curriculum tab that is being constructed for the pathways evening.
Further information and joining instructions will be issued in due course and I hope you be able to join us for a productive evening in March.
Mr Andy Hewitt