Year 8 - 9 Open Evening
We are looking forward to welcoming students and parents to our Open Evening on Thursday 7th October 2021. The evening will run from 5.30pm until 7.30pm. There will be lots of staff (and students!) on hand to show you around the school, answer any questions and provide any all necessary information.
There will be a presentation that will be shown three times throughout the evening - at 5.30pm, 6.15pm and again at 6.45pm.
Key information for applications for September 2022 -
Kirklees local authority manages admissions process. We have 360 places.
Parents wishing to apply for a place at Shelley College for their child in Year 9 for 2022/23 must complete the SCAF supplied by their home local authority. Children with statement of special educational need will have a slightly different admissions process.
If you live in Kirklees apply using: https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/admissions/pdf/secondary-guide.pdf
The completed SCAF should be returned by 31st October 2021 to Kirklees.
· Parents/carers must list Shelley College as one of their three preferences of secondary schools on the SCAF.
· Parents will be informed of the school allocation via email from the local authority on 1st March 2022.
At any time where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered in the following order of priority:
1. Looked after pupils/previously looked after pupils
2. Pupils living in the PAA with a sibling attending Shelley College.
3. Pupils living in the PAA attending Kirkburton or Scissett Middle schools
4. Other pupils with a sibling attending Shelley College.
5. Other pupils living in the PAA
6. Pupils living outside the PAA but attending Kirkburton or Scissett Middle Schools
7. Other pupils (priority according to as the crow flies distance from Shelley College)
Kirklees operate an appeals process on behalf of the Academy. Should you wish to appeal, please write to Mrs S Pendleton at the college, marking your letter as “Admission Appeal”. You can discuss matters with our Vice Principal in charge of admissions. Once a written request has been received, we will liaise with Kirklees to make arrangements for an appeal hearing.