The aim of Shelley College is to provide opportunities for students to develop as independent, confident, successful learners with high aspirations who give their personal best to their studies, community and the wider society. There is a strong focus on developing student’s moral, spiritual, social and cultural understanding. We ensure that children are well prepared for a happy and successful life beyond compulsory education.
We constantly pursue ambition and excellence in our curriculum through the following:
- Our curriculum is designed and tailored to inspire and engage all students with a rich, broad and balanced experience, allowing students to develop the knowledge and skills to be successful in future life.
- Our curriculum is designed and sequenced to gain new and retain consolidated knowledge each year.
- Our curriculum exposes students to challenging concepts and trains scholarly independence and skills mastery for life beyond Shelley College.
- Facilitating access to a full curriculum throughout all eventualities
Implementation & Principles
Through curriculum implementation we foster our ethos of ‘Valuing people, Supporting Personal Best’ which is under pinned by respect & commitment.
- We ensure students to progress in all areas, regardless of ability, disability, gender, race or sexuality;
- Offer students the chance to achieve, have a ‘can do’ attitude and have high aspirations and ambition;
- Offer students the opportunity, through a Skills4Life programme, for moral and spiritual reflection in order to promote confidence, positive emotional and mental health.
- Develop the confidence of our students so that they are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
Supporting Personal Best
- Develop successful students who give their personal best and achieve;
- Enable students to become responsible citizens who make positive contributions to college life;
- Equip students with the 21st century knowledge and skills needed beyond Shelley College;
- Encourage students to develop the knowledge and skills needed for employment or training;
For full details of our Curriculum Intent please see our Curriculum overview by clicking on the link below: